Background

Friday, April 13, 2012

Handmade Gift Set

I made this lovely set as a gift for my mom for Christmas. There is a lovely photo frame that is covered in pretty paper with a coordinating paper used in the opening of the frame, a paper mache box that is covered in the same coordinating papers, and a handmade candle that also coordinates.
I chose my papers and spread Tacky Glue thinly, using an artist's knife to spread the adhesive. I then lined my paper up and smoothed it out over the frame and adhesive. I cut an "X" in the opening of the frame with my craft knife and folded each side back and adhered it to the back of the frame. I then inked all of the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used Prima pearls. All of the roses are handmade in graduating sizes. The copper embellishment is by K & Company.
The paper mache box was covered in much the same manner as the frame, using Tacky Glue. I used a sandpaper block to "sand" away the excessive paper on the edges of the box. I then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I again used Prima Pearls and the flowers are handmade.
The candle is hadnpoured and scented by me. I used the same coordinating papers cut in a strip to go around the jar. I chose to use a section of the paper that said "special moments" rather than writing on it or using alphabet stickers or other embellishments. I wanted to keep it relativley simple. I inked the edges of the paper using Walnut Stain Distress Ink and added some flatback pearls to finish it off. My mother adores her gift set. She refuses to burn the candle, though.

1 comment: